Monday, May 11, 2009

Holeey Monday

I have been one far from prudent from the sight of holes in my clothing. In fact, I cherish the odd hole here and there, there's a certain fascination about ravaged clothing.

The story each hole tells and the simple nostalgic feeling that floods though when you come back to that hole, caress and smile. For instance, I remember sitting in the library at uni one afternoon with Miss C, whilst trying to force ourselves to study. I grabbed a pair of scissors, with a lot of effort, started to try and rip and fray a hole in my first ever pair of black skinny legs. The look of horror on Miss C's face quickly changing to help me out while other students look on at us in fascination and shook their heads.

Every time I pop on those jeans or come across it - I think of the time when we were both 19, our head still stuck in the clouds trying to figure out our lives. Studying things that we never had the chance to put to use but having a ball ripping those silly holes at the knees of my jeans.

I recently came across a jumper, left, by Mink Pink (yes i know we talk waaaay too much about them!) full of holes and stripes. I knew i wanted it instantly... but hesitated because of the unfortunate state of my bank account. Miss C even tried to track it down for me as a birthday gift - but no such luck! I finally found it on the Freez Clothing website (http://www.freez.com.au) snapping it up after search high and low after a good month. With pre-made holes - its a perfect match with my holey jeans and dr martens - channeling a very bonni&clyde indie rock look without the knives.
much love,
Miss L

P.S. having a silent disco of one in my room along to Friendly Fires - Skeleton Boy



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Miss Violet Adores...