Sunday, January 3, 2010

Picnic and the MCA

Hi Lovelies,

So as planned I got to visit the MCA (Museum of Contemporary Art) as well as have a little picnic with my bf around The Rocks area of my lovely Sydney.

We decided that we'd pay the extra admission fee and check out the exhibition 'Take Your Time' by Olafur Eliasson (check out the official site: http://eliasson.com.au/). Eliasson's light installations are amazing!  Although some pieces I really don't understand the somewhat depth and meaning that may have been the key message or motivation behind each piece - I honestly could appreciate the time and effort he devoted to each work, the engineering and physics involved in creating the installation just amazes you and your conception of art is altered completely.

My favourite piece from the exhibition...

Beauty by Olafur Eliasson



Happy Snap from the day...

 
my cute little bf with our home-made BLTs with yummy jalsberg cheese!



Roaming around The Rocks
(outfit: cardigan - ladakha; tee and scarf - cottonon; watch - mimco; jeans - cheap monday; canvas shoes - billie; bag - unknown)



Sweet treat from La Renaissance to end the day


much love,
Miss L
xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Miss Violet Adores...