Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Eye's Have It!

For my special birthday celebration I decided to spice up my make up routine by bringing the Tokyo lash bar to my bathroom.

Having purchased an amazing new set of  synthetic mink “Luxe; False lashes in black” from Shu Uemura [David Jones; Elizabeth Street Sydney] these were to be my new accessory for the evening.
The criss-crossed design of these Luxe Lashes provides more of thicker volume at the roots, it tapers at the tip for luscious-looking lashes with a defined eyeline.

As I sat perched up on the basin, my face centimetres away from the mirror, it was really evident to me through my experiment why many of my friends found it hard to apply on themselves. 


I can put these luscious lashes on a client within seconds, but when it came to applying them myself, I felt the need to provide some tips and tricks of the trade.



Things you will need:

-Ardell; Waterproof Lash Grip, Eyelash Adhesive (if using a cheaper pair of false eyelashes, they usually come with a little vial of glue - this stuff doesn't work) Get your hands on this professional lash glue, it will last you several applications.

-Shu Uemura Eye Lash Curler (I purchased the gold plated ones for myself for xmas) previously hooked on the Napoleon Eye Lash Curler - but this one REALLY is an eye opener, ha! 






- Tweezers, (loving Tweezerman slant tweezers in a cute travel size)

Oh, and your choice of strip lashes- Duh! The better the quality, the easier they are to mould onto your lash line. I find the cheaper quality either bounce off or don’t last more than two uses.

See the image I created, its quite simple... 






1. Use the tweezers to hold onto the tip of the strip lash. Using the lash glue, spread the glue no thicker or thinner than the width of the strip, from one end right to the end. If this is too tricky, use a cotton bud to spread the glue onto the strip.  The glue goes on dry, so you can see where you are putting it, don't be afraid it will dry clear!


2. Using the tweezers position the lashes onto your lash line (AFTER you have put mascara and liquid eyeliner on) keeping your eyes looking down (not closed; or else you wont see what you are doing) hold them on each side gently pressing down so that the adhesive dries into place. 


3. Do the other eye. The Key is to place the base of the strip onto your upper lash line, and not onto the skin as this can look very fake. 


4. Open your eyes, separating any glue and applying pressure to areas that needs to be glued. 


5. Bat your eyelids and away we go!






You will find that sometimes the glue may travel down to your lower lash line while you have them closed, and stick your lower lashes to your top, not to worry it wont sting your eye or anything, all you need is to open your eye and using the tweezers separate the glue to open your eyes. <- This sounds crazy but its as easy as i could explain it. It only usually happens to the lash 2 or 3 lashes and is not at all painful. However.... if you used superglue.... hmm.

If the lash glue is still white and hasn’t dried within 5 minutes, then you may have put too much glue, easily fixed - use a black liquid liner to paint in the white areas :)

Peeling them off at the end of the night, this can get messy especially after a big night. Tug very carefully so you get the feel of the fake lashes as opposed to ripping off your real lashes.  The glue will seperate and they will pull off fairly easy. You will have excess of the dried glue still on the lashes, please treat your lashes with care - wash the dried glue off with warm soapy water and let dry. I also found that the Shu Uemura Cleaning oil dissolves the adhesive a treat - Ready to use for next weekend!

I almost wish my name was Lisa so I could say,  ex oh ex oh, Love, Lisa Lashes
Until next time have fun at your own lash bar :)

Nicole 

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © Miss Violet Adores...